Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mindful Relationships


This week has just been full of inspiration.  Today I heard Brian Post speak.  I had read his books about parenting children who've been traumatized by abuse and neglect and thought they were excellent.  I have also read and heard those detractors who aren't as impressed so I decided to hear for myself.  I'm glad I did.  I certainly can't repeat all that he teaches about parenting in a post, but one thought I've had that he validated is the idea that we can't be effective parents, or any relationship partner, without self-regulation.  And then my thought expands to this achievement-oriented, bottom-line, end result, hectic-paced society that we live in and I can't help but ask - how can any of us maintain our own grounded space to truly participate in each moment with each other?  Truly how often do our minds wander during interactions about what else we need to do or be? I explore this concept often in my journaling and journaling workshops but would love to hear others' thoughts and practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your truth?