Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Saturday, February 26, 2011

In Between

lamppost
It’s not so much that we’re afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it’s that place in between that we fear…It’s like being between trapezes.  It’s Linus when his blanket is in the dryer.  There’s nothing to hold onto to.  Marilyn Ferguson

I am feeling like Linus with his blanket in the dryer.  I am restless and exhausted at the same time.  I’ve not been motivated to visit the blogging world, I’ve written very little and art journaled less.  There are too many changes going on in life right now beyond the normal and even the weather is mirroring the uncertainty.  I have exciting things coming up ~ I’m teaching Life Books through Story Circle Network, offering Mom’s Treasure: A Storybook Workshop late spring I hope, Re-Voice! in the fall and plan to launch a sister website/blog for pre-teen girls, Girls Express.  But I’m not capturing the excitement of it all right now.  I think it’s time to work through my own writing prompts from Treasure Chest again (see sidebar “Journey Now” for your own copy).  Explore in your journal how you take care of yourself for those times “in between”…
In the meantime, a couple of places for inspiration in the art journaling world:
Balzer Designs
Art Journaling Blogspot
Some more how to's

2 comments:

  1. Your post is interesting because I'm in an in-between time, too. Mine is because I let too many things get in the way of my writing, like blogging and commenting and working. I always lower the priority on my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating, because I find myself in that same time right now. I wonder if it's pre-Spring Fever? My work priorities are changing and I find myself having to let go of something that has been important to me and that I have invested a lot of energy into. The future looks scary yet exciting at the same time. Change. It's necessary, it's terrifying, it's energizing all in one.

    ReplyDelete

What's your truth?