Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Saturday, May 14, 2011

May Queen Musings

mqm

A delicate fabric of bird song
Floats in the air,
The smell of wet wild earth
Is everywhere.

Red small leaves of the maple
Are clenched like a hand,
Like girls at their first communion
The pear trees stand.

Oh I must pass nothing by
Without loving it much,
The raindrop try with my lips,
The grass with my touch;

For how can I be sure
I shall see again
The world on the first of May
Shining after the rain?
- Sara Teasdale, May Day

I shared this poem with a women’s circle I’m in and wanted to share here as well.  I love the imagery and the message of capturing each moment.  Take some to reflect on how the poem resonates for you.

(The above picture is of one of the journals I made for my women’s circle out of cereal boxes.)

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the poem. And yes, I'll try to be grateful each moment. The journal you made is beautiful.

    Sounds like you're doing well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem with a beautiful message. It's too easy to spend the day without seeing and experiencing the wonders around us.

    ReplyDelete

What's your truth?