Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Monday, February 22, 2010

My Daily Dose of Gratitude - A Top Ten List

Today was a mundane Monday filled with rain, endless details that seemed to impact no one positively and the tickling beginnings of a sore throat.  Before I spiral into "blah", I thought I should take some time to capture the beauty of this mundane Monday:

10.  I woke up this morning as did my family.
 9.  My little one got ready with no tantrums and was waiting on the bus with ten minutes to spare.
 8.  I spoke to my oldest daughter (in college) who is safe and thriving.
 7.  I laughed with my husband
6.  My anniversary roses are in full bloom.
5.  It's not snowing.
 4.  I put RainX on my car yesterday!
 3.  My class through Story Circle Network was posted today and I have a student registered.
 2.  My 35 lb beagle mix thinks she's a lap dog and is climbing on me as I try to type.
1.  I received new books in the mail which is always exciting (thus, the side bar).

That was much easier and quicker than I thought, although perhaps not necessarily in the right order, and I could come up with a few more.  What's your Daily Ten?

1 comment:

  1. I like your list. There are always things to be thankful for, even on mundane Mondays! The trick is for us to see them! Here are my top ten (in no particular order)

    1. The sunshine
    2. The sweet little girl I tutor in reading every Monday
    3. The "loaner" computer I had at work today
    4. Leftovers! No need to cook tonight!
    5. Email from a friend I had not heard from in a long time
    6. Hugs from my husband
    7. A great cup of coffee waiting for me when I got out of the shower (thanks to my husband)
    8. Sweet posts on Facebook by my daughter
    9. All of my family is healthy and happy
    10. My Granddaughter!!

    ReplyDelete

What's your truth?