Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It’s A Celebration

 We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder

I learned quite a few lessons in my blog party for the year anniversary of Life Lines: Celebrate Your Journey.

I could have made it bigger, reached out to more hosts, tied into other linky’s, posted more often here and on Facebook, planned earlier, partnered with CSN for a gift certificate, etc.  Instead I stayed true to my nature as far as marketing and paid attention to my limits ~ juggling full time work in child welfare, developing future workshops, working on three books, finishing graduate school and a mother…that’s enough, I think:) ~ and by doing so I was able to actually enjoy the process.  I met new blog friends, got to know others better and am very grateful for my hosts.  The interviews gave me an opportunity to take a step back and see where I am now and where I want to go.  Again, thank you to the hosts (I know some people got busy & weren’t able to post, let me know if you did & I missed it!):

Pacifiers, Pumps, The World

Paisley Passions

Artsy Canvas Girl

Village Hearth

Congratulations to the winners of the drawing (done via Random Number Generator):

image

Treasure Chest of goodies goes to Dawna @ Hiccup in Time

The five winners of Celebrate Your Journey ~ A Monthly Planner and Journal Companion:

#5 Georgia's Simply Pretty Things

#3 Honey Bee Hive

#8 Shooting Stars Mag

#2 My Life as a Wife and Mommy

#4 Just Sew Sassy

I hope all my blogging friends in the States have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily.  The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. 

~Terri Guillemets

7 comments:

  1. Dawn,
    I'm amazed by your energy and passion for what you do. As a former Youth Advocate I know that work in itself can be really consuming at times. Add Motherhood and Grad school and whoa! And yet, isn't it wonderful when these elements of our lives begin to overlap in a way that makes sense? And writing is the perfect tool to synthesize all that experience and knowledge with our own unique vision.
    Keep up the Great work Toots!
    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I am amazed at what you are doing. As an MSW, I know the intricacies of your work. As a Mom, I know the challenges of exploring the mysteries of parenting.

    Sorry I didn't host. I had good intentions, then didn't follow through. Yet, please know I support you and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Thanks for stopping by to bring us some happy news!! We're so excited to have won!!
    staci@justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny & Myrna ~ thank you for such kind comments.
    Myrna ~ you have always been very supportive, no apology necessary for not hosting ~ you are also very busy! & exploring your poetic voice which I am enjoying reading:)
    Staci ~ thanks for participating & congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it!! I am so sorry - congratulations for your blogaversary! I hope you had a wonderful TG day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Congrats to all your winners!! Im glad you had fun with the process. Giveaways have their own natural high. Thank you for letting me host your interview. I second Nanakoosa on your energy! I think I got tired just reading what's on your plate.

    I did end up getting sick along with everyone else. But Im still proud of the 19000 words in less than a month. Atleast now I have two different stories I can work on as the new year approaches.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OJ - thanks so much! Hope you are doing well & your husband is healing well!
    Raven - So proud of your 19,000 words! I've participated a couple of years ago & it was surprising to me just how hard it was to hit the daily word count!

    ReplyDelete

What's your truth?