Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Girls’ Artist Trading Cards

 While we teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. Anon

  I have always loved that quote.  I am constantly amazed by my children and others in how they take what I see as complex and turn it into stunning simplicity. My youngest had one of her friends over this weekend and their every conversation, choice and play seemed so natural.  There was no concern of political correctness and no self conscious behavior, just two kids who genuinely liked each other.    

They pulled out art supplies and wanted to make artist trading cards.

My youngest found a tri-fold card I had, painted it gold, applied a key

telaatc2rot

And symbolized what she treasures within ~ love, music & animals

telaatc

Her friend found the butterflies

lexiatc

They swapped friend ATC’s

telaatc1rot

lexiatc1rot

And then they joined two ATC’s together to represent their friendship

girls atc

Very cool to watch them enjoy creating while talking seriously about the definition of a true friend.  Inspired me to go ahead and post my ATC creativity prompts’ PDF for girls with the themes of All About Me, Feelings, Friendship and Girl Power.  They can be found @ Girls Express.

What’s inspiring you this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your truth?